New! Ferocious Fridays AND Free Movies in Delaware Park!
Have you ever wondered what the animals at the Buffalo Zoo do during the evening hours? Through August 26, the Buffalo Zoo will offer extended hours on Friday nights as part of Ferocious Fridays, sponsored by First Niagara. Choose to spend a beautiful summer evening with us, and explore Zoo grounds until 8:30 p.m.!
On select dates, visitors can also participate in themed programming. Upcoming celebrations include Wizard Night and a fun PJ Party.
On Friday nights during which themed programming is not scheduled, different areas of the Zoo will be highlighted. Please see below for the schedule.
For more information about Ferocious Fridays, please call (716) 837-3900 or visit www.buffalozoo.org.
The schedule for the Zoo’s themed programming is as follows:
PJ Party Night (August 12)
- $1 off admission for each visitor who comes dressed in pajamas
- Take a tour of the Zoo and learn more about the animals that are most active at night (6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.)
- Activities for the kids
- Kids: Bring your favorite stuffed animal for a check-up by the Zoo’s veterinary staff (6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
Wizard Night (August 26)
- $1 off admission for each visitor who comes dressed as a wizard!
- Learn more about the endangered species in our Vanishing Animals exhibit and how we can help save them.
On Friday nights during which themed programming is not offered, formal programs will be offered at 6:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. to highlight various areas of the Buffalo Zoo. The schedule is as follows:
August 19 Keeper Talks:
Chameleon (6:30 p.m. only) and Serval
2011 Movies on the Meadow
In conjunction with Ferocious Fridays, the Parkside Community Association (PCA) will also be presenting Movies on the Meadow. Outdoor movies will be shown next to the Zoo by the Parkside Lodge. The movies will be thematically tied to the Zoo’s programming and will take place on August 12, 19 and 26 at sundown. For more details, please visit the PCA website at www.parksidebuffalo.org.