Until this feature is live, please call 716-837-3900 for additional ticket information and visit the zoo to purchase tickets at the box office.
Visit Any Day of the Week
The Buffalo Zoo is back to being open seven days a week! We continue to ask that all guests reserve their tickets online. Guests are required to choose their arrival timeframe while reserving tickets. By choosing your arrival window, this allows us to adhere to capacity limits and social distancing measures. This is not a timed session. No matter the arrival timeframe chosen, guests are not required to leave Zoo grounds until closing at 5pm. Please see below for steps on how to choose your arrival timeframe.
- Select “Buy Now” across from your desired admission ticket below on the Tickets tab of this page or click here. This will take you to the ticket purchasing portal.
- Select “Buy Tickets.”
- Select your desired visitation date.
- Select your desired arrival timeframe.
- Select the amount of each admission ticket option you desire.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Upon checkout, your admission tickets for your selected date and arrival timeframe will be emailed and/or texted to you.
We can’t wait to see you!
|Parking Fee||Rate||How to Purchase|
|Year Round||Parking is available for a fee. Hourly rates: $5.00 first two hours, $2 per hour after that with a maximum of $10.||They can purchase their parking upon exiting|
Animal encounters are back at the Buffalo Zoo! Get up close and personal with some of your favorite Zoo animals. When you purchase an encounter, you’ll have the opportunity to go behind the scenes in an exhibit and learn about our animals from the care professionals who work with them every day. Each animal encounter is a private experience for up to six guests (age restrictions apply). Book one or all three encounters today!
Get an up-close experience with Flash the Sloth! Learn all about our two-toed friend during this private, 25-30 minute session. Don’t forget to snap the ultimate #slothselfie before you leave!
When: Available every Saturday and Sunday at 11:30am. Only one session per day.
Who: Available for one party per session of up to six guests.
Price: $150 for one group of six guests
Go behind the scenes and meet our giraffe herd, learn about their daily life at the Buffalo Zoo, including diets, enrichment, training, and much more. This private, 25-30 minute experience is head and shoulders above the rest!
When: Available every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday at 11:00am. Only one session per day.
Who: Available for one party per session of up to six guests. Guests ages two and under must be held in the arms of an adult for the entire session.
Price: $150 for one group of six people.
During this private, 25-30 minute encounter, our experienced keepers will take you behind the scenes to come face-to-face with one of our rhinos, learn about their daily care, and our conservation efforts in the wild.
When: Available every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 1:30pm. Only one session per day.
Who: Available for one party per session of up to six guests. This encounter is available for guests ages six and above.
Price: $150 for one group of six people.
Tickets for animal encounters at the Buffalo Zoo do not include Zoo admission. Please purchase admission to the Zoo along with your animal encounter. We ask that guests arrive with your entire party 15 minutes before your designated encounter time.
- Guest health and safety rules apply during all encounters, including mask usage and handwashing, sanitizing, and other procedures.
- Encounters are $150 for up to six guests. There are no exceptions on party size.
- Each encounter lasts for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- We recommend wearing closed-toe shoes during the encounter.
- Check-in for the sloth encounter takes place at the education lobby outside the gorilla exhibit. Check-in for the giraffe or rhino encounters at the blue kiosk at the front of the giraffe exhibit. A keeper will come to greet you at your scheduled time.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Animal encounters at the Buffalo Zoo are held rain or shine. The Zoo will make its best effort to accommodate guests who need to reschedule their encounter, but it is not a guarantee. Refunds are available (less a 10% processing fee) for cancellations made at least two weeks before the scheduled encounter date. No refunds will be provided for encounters canceled less than two weeks before a scheduled encounter or for guests who are no-shows on the day of their encounter. The Buffalo Zoo reserves the right to cancel any animal encounter or offer an equivalent substitute at any time due to animal health or safety issues. In the event of a cancellation by the Buffalo Zoo, a full refund will be offered. Call the Buffalo Zoo Admissions Office at (716) 995-6156 to cancel your encounter.