- This event has passed.
2022 Buffalo Zoo Photo Contest
January 1 - February 28
It’s that time of year again; The Buffalo Zoo Photo Contest presented by the Women’s Board of the Buffalo Zoo is back!
Entires are now closed but now it’s time to cast your vote to select the best from 2022! The People’s Choice category returns along with a second category: Zoomagination! The Zoomagination category is restricted to pictures only taken of our fabulous summer lantern displays. First, second, and third place prizes of $100, $75, and $50 respectively will be determined by online voting that runs now until February 28, 2023. Get all your friends and family in on the fun by having them vote on your photos with proceeds supporting your Buffalo Zoo!
Submit your photos from January 1–31, 2023
- The contest entry fee is $5.00 per photo due at the time of submission.
- Photos must be taken at the Buffalo Zoo in 2022.
- The deadline for entry is 11:59 am, January 31, 2023.
- Participants may enter as many photos in each category as they wish.
- Individuals appearing in a photo give their consent to having their (or their minor children’s) photo taken, and for the photo to be used at any Zoo-related purpose.
- The Zoo is not responsible for any technical issues related to photo submission.
- Zoo employees or Board members are not eligible to enter.
By submitting photos, all photo contest entries become the property of the Buffalo Zoo. The Buffalo Zoo is granted the right to use these photos for any Zoo-related purpose.
Submissions will be deemed ineligible for the following reasons:
- Images taken prior to January 1, 2022.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color, and contrast, etc.)
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
The Buffalo Zoo shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.